The village has a great history particularly with the parish church originating from the time of the Saxons. The Bishop’s Manor House, one of the great buildings in the village, has a long story with a connection to royalties. It was owned by the wife of Edward the Confessor and was then passed on to the descendants. However, the manor house was damaged in the great Lincolnshire rising in the year 1536.
From a very small population, this old village has now grown into a population of around 6,000 people. It’s center is a conservation area, contributing to the village’s reputation of being the “Best Kept Village” in the area.
People began flocking in the village with the coming of modern housing developments, as well as businesses like public houses and oil wells.
Some of the favorite sports in the area are footballs, cricket, and tennis.