Colby Glen is a village and civil parish located at around 14 km south east of Grantham. It is situated at the eastern side of the West Glen River, giving the second word in the name Colby Glen.
The village, even though small, houses several ancient landmarks such as the Church of England Parish Church built in the 12th century. Another is the old Catholic Chapel of Innham Hall which was made into the Catholic church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, a Grade II listed building.
In the year 1238, King Henry III chartered a weekly market and an annual sheep fair, in which the latter became the longest established event in Britain.
For education, there is a primary school as well as an old secondary school. The community also has public houses, a Co-op, a post office, some clubs, several independent shops, galleries, and bus routes.