The town of Sleaford is under the jurisdiction of the district of North Kesteven. It is located at around 18 kilometers north of the city of Grantham and around 27 kilometers south of the county town of Lincoln.
The name Sleaford came from the old English ella + forde which means “forde over muddy stream. A few years ago, it was still quite an agricultural town supporting the cattle market and seed production companies.
The origin or discovery of the town can be traced back to the 8th century Anglo Saxon. It was the tribal center of the Iron Age Corieltauvi. After a few years to the coming of the Romans in their Period, the town was a large and significant settlement. This was proved when an Anglo-Roman cemetery was excavated in the land, proving the settlement of pagan and Christian people at the place in the past. Another discovery proving that these ancient people settled in the area is the discovery of an the largest coin, believed to date back as far as the Iron Age.
When the 20th century entered, the place was improved, especially with the construction of new private housing throughout the town. A new stadium was also established with the help of the local council.
As of the present, there are about four primary and three secondary schools located in the town and providing the town with quality education. The locals also support in the pursuit of sport especially with football.
Sleaford is famous for certain landmarks with historical background. An example of this is St. Deny’s, with the oldest stone broach spire dating back as far as the year 1180. Other examples are Cogglesford Mill and Money’s Mill, dating as far back as the 17thh century and the year 1796, respectively. Lastly, there is Old Places, which is a famous tourist attraction, as well.